Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Getting ready for a Second Birthday

Well it is Tuesday and Tanner's birthday is on Saturday and I thought I would get a head start on some stuff so it is not all done at the last minute. Tanner has learned to say "two" with fingers and words when asked how old she is. I am hoping to capture it on video or camera soon. She is getting the concept of birthday's and says "happy day" for happy birthday but she still doesn't have a concept of it being HER birthday. I thought I would help create the idea by having her help me make some cupcakes.
Tanner LOVES to stir. She could "stir, stir, stir" all day long. She even helped me use the mixer but definitely prefers to stir manually. When it was time to lick the spoon she gave it one lick and then wanted no more. Weird. Someday I know that will be her favorite thing, but for now I will take that she doesn't want to. When the cupcakes were down she pointed to them and said cake. Now just wait for the frosting part, but that will have to come on Friday. For now it was a great bonding time and these cupcakes were definitely made is extra love.

No comments:

Post a Comment