Saturday, May 15, 2010

I love this little girl

The other day I found Tanner wearing my shoes, and this was just after she sat with me on the bathroom counter doing "make up" with me. I realized that as mommy's we have important roles to our daughters to mold them and shape them into Godly women, because they want to be just like their mommies.
When I look at this little girl of mine, I stand in amazement that I could love her so much and yet still have room for another person in my heart. I wonder, "will a boy love me as much as a girl", "will I be treasured like a little girl treasures her mommy?"Of course I know the answer in my head is YES!!! but I still get a little self conscious about being a mommy for a boy and if I will be a good one that he will want to be around. People always said having kids you realize God's love for his children and it is SOOO true. I love my little girl and yet I know it does not come as close to how much God loves her and that is so hard for my little brain to wrap around. I look forward to someday standing in the presence of God and seeing how he loves millions all at once. What an amazing God we serve. Thank you LORD for loving me and loving Tanner and showing me what a parents love should look like.

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome jen. what a blessing to feel and experience just a little taste of Christ's love for us!

    ReplyDelete